Thinking of joining Delsea's JROTC?
The two following attachments will help understand the basics of joining the Delsea JROTC program!
So you joined JROTC? GREAT! You've just decided to join a great family! But there are some things you might want to know before going in head first!
1. YOU GET OUT OF JROTC WHAT YOU PUT INTO IT! If you join JROTC, come to class on time and participate, and wear your uniform properly, then you are meeting basic expectations. If you want to get the most out of your JROTC experience, then do the following:
a. Joint a JROTC Team!
b. Volunteer to help out with school service or community service projects!
c. Don't just meet the standard in terms of uniform, attendance, etc....EXCEED IT. BE OUTSTANDING, in JROTC and outside JROTC.
d. Get involved in clubs, sports, activities, etc. OUTSIDE JROTC! The best Cadets are well-rounded.
Do these things and you will find your JROTC experience to be rewarding in a LOT of different ways!
2. YOUR UNIFORM! As a new Cadet, we hope you are eager to receive your JROTC Cadet uniform. Issuing uniforms is a process that can take a few days. That being said, new Cadets for SY16-17 (entering Freshmen and upperclassmen) will be issued their uniforms on ONE DAY - Saturday, September 24th, 2016. We have to give many new and old cadets complete uniforms in a small amount of time. IF you attend this uniform issue day, WE pay for alterations, YOU pay for dry cleaning. If not, then you must take care of alterations yourself.
When we wear the JROTC uniform, we wear it with PRIDE. If wearing the JROTC uniform is an issue for you, then you should NOT join JROTC. It's that simple.
You will be issued...
- Dark Blue Class A Jacket
- Medium Blue Pants
- Grey JROTC Short Sleeve Dress Shirt
- White Undershirt
- Patent Leather/Corofram Dress Shoes
- Black Dress Socks
- Grey Beret with JROTC Pin
- Black Tie (guys), or Black Neck Tab (girls)
- Brass Belt Buckle and Black Belt
- Black Wind Breaker with liner
3. YOUR REASON FOR JOINING JROTC! If you are joining JROTC for the challenge, the leadership opportunities, the special teams, the bond we have as a Cadet Corps, or because you have heard about us...then WELCOME. If you are joining because you want to get out of Phys Ed, or you heard that JROTC is easy...then you should think again. JROTC is MUCH harder than Phys Ed, because JROTC is not just about physical fitness. It's about learning to follow, then learning to lead. It's about growing, about challenging yourself, it's about work ethic. It's about... LOYALTY-DUTY-RESPECT-SELFESS SERVICE-HONOR-INTEGRITY-PERSONAL COURAGE. It takes COMMITMENT, just to be an "average" Cadet. As for JROTC being easy... ask someone who's been in JROTC the last few years...they will tell you, it's NOT easy. However, NOTHING really good, nothing really worth the time and effort is EASY.
These are the requirements and expectations of new cadets:
For those interested about our various teams please click here!